Saturday 18 August 2007

World Class babysitter

Its only a little past midnight and I am getting ready to retire for the night. I am so exhausted it is unbelieveable. I got a call from my big brother on thursday evening requesting my world class babysitting service for his wife who just got back from the hospital. I agreed (like i had any choice), not a biggy...its friday, great opportunity to mingle with family instead of being all by myself in my flat. Moreover, its always a pleasure going to their crib, its been proven over and over again, i never leave them empty handed...lol! From a bowl of rice & peas with curry goat to a sleek digital cam to .....I cannot complain.

Well before I digress, I got to my crib at about 5pm from work to pack my overnight bag. Next to my crib is the tube and bus station, i decided to get to my destination using the tube. Big Mistake! It took me longer. I was determined not to get pissed by my extended travel time. Rang my client (fab sis-in-law) told tell her i was running late but all i could get from the tone of her voice was excitment...the babysitter is on her way! Ding dong! She yells for my nephew to get the door. We exchanged pleasantries and did a bit of chatting.

'How do you feel?' I asked my client. 'Ok but a bit discomforted' she replied. Pele! Next thing I heard from my client was, 'Can you get me one of the mango smoothie ice cream from the freezer, pls?' 'Whaaaaat?' I said in my mind. Like the 'butler' I was, I served my client. Concerned about her welfare, I said, 'You ought to be taking 'hot something' instead of 'cold something'. Guess what she said, 'Yes I know, pls make me hot Milo after a little while.' People love to be pampered!

Dinner time, my client wanted chinese. Not a bad idea I said. However, she wanted the one from Coco. Wahala dey o! Coco does not do home delivery! Someone's got to go to the town center were Coco is located to get chinco food. Who will go? Question! Babysitter of course! Not again, I have got to face TFL (transport for London) one more time today. Unlike my crib, I had to do a 10mins walk to the busstop, stayed at the stop another 10 before a bus came, endured a 12mins ride to the town center and another 5 mins walk to Coco noodle bar.

At last, I got to Coco amidst the madness on the high street from the friday club regulars. Placed my order and did another 15mins wait. Order ready, time to go. Then my nightmare or 'eveningmare' started. Got to the busstop and waited for a bus for over half an hour but i realised a lot of buses have been passing but none stopped. That aroused my curiosity and I began to suspect there was something doggy about the stop. Desperate to get out of the cold breeze, I made a frantic call to my client. It was at this time a kind hearted bus driver on the other side of the road pulled up to tell us the busstop is not in use at night time. Gosh! I could have been waiting there till morrin' time!

Quickly, I did yet another 10mins walk to the next stop ensuring my bus number was listed at the stop. TFL, na una biko! Waited another 7mins before I finally got a bus. By this time, I worried for the chinco getting cold. On getting home, my client was ready to devour! What a day with TFL!

Well, I hope to have a sis-in-law that will treat me exactly the way I treat mine, one that will also babysit me when I need to be pampered. I mean it!

Way pass my bedtime, my client is beautifully asleep now. Job done!
Meanwhile, hope to see The Bourne Ultimatum at the cinema this weekend.

Am outta here!

3 comments:

DiAmOnD hawk said...

what? girl you're too kind!!! Im all for being nice... but.. hmm... well it's your sister in law... i only have one.. and she's in a different state!

naijabelle said...

London transport never ceases to suurprise me with their poor service and the bad customer service delivered by their drivers.Sorry miss, after a long day at work having to stand for ages to get a bus, i can totally relate.

Anonymous said...

@Diamond hawk, that is how it starts.Abeg leave the girl alone jare before u poison her mind.Na wa o.Obirin and their mentalities.
@Verity abeg continue to do what u do, God will richly reward u with one of a kind.